Monday, February 23, 2015

My Daily Success Plan - 7 Steps to a great day!

Good morning! Oh wait, it's afternoon....

(Today's post is Day 1 of the 15 Days To Freedom Blog Challenge.)

As I write, it's Monday, what society might consider a "typical" Monday.  My day didn't get off to a great start today. As I ask myself "why?", I find the only fault is mine, not "Monday's".   

The biggest problem with today was that I didn't have a plan for it.  I went to bed last night without a thought of today, other than I had to get up and go to work.  I hadn't considered what I'd wear, what I'd eat or even what time I'd get up.  I was just tired after a busy weekend and I went to bed.  

So, this morning, despite having woke up before the alarm, I got behind schedule and I got overwhelmed. Once that "overwhelmed" feeling hits, I shut down.  Done.  Nothing happens.  

My routine goes from very productive to very "overwhelmed".  I've been both.  Today I'm declaring that I'm coming up out of an "overwhelmed" rut!  

Tomorrow will start a productive climb!  I've done it, I know what works! 

My Daily Success Plan - 7 Steps to a great day!

  1. A successful day starts the night before -  Here's what I have to do the night before to get the day started right:
    • Pack my lunch (leftovers from dinner).
    • Lay out my outfit for the next day, down to the underwear and shoes (check the weather).
    • Pack my gym bag or plan my at-home workout and set out the equipment and clothes I need.
    • Set my alarms - First alarm 15 minutes before I actually want to get out of bed and a second alarm for when I must be out of bed.  
  2. 30 minutes with God - This is FIRST!  As soon as my eye's open in the morning.  He's the first person I commune with.  After prayer, I generally use an online devotion to get my day started.  I like the YouVersion Bible App but I am currently studying Hebrews with IF:Equip.  
  3. Check OnePage to see who I can help today.
  4. Take my XanoLean with a full glass of water.  
  5. Shower & Dress - this is an easy and thoughtless process when I plan ahead the night before.
  6. Breakfast - mix my shake, take my vitamins and grab some fruit before I head out the door.
  7. Gym\workout - if this doesn't get done in the mornings, it won't get done. I hate the afternoon gym traffic and if I get home and get busy with dinner, coaching clients in the evening, I simply won't make working out a priority.  It has to be done before work.  
How do you get your day off to a good start?


No comments:

Post a Comment