Thursday, August 21, 2014

Suwannee River Breast Cancer Awareness 5K - Training Plan


Saturday, October 4th


I ran my first 5k a few years ago at the Suwannee River Breast Cancer Awareness 5K in my hometown of Lake City.  It was a great experience and I can remember starting with tears in my eyes.  I was finally doing something that was on my Bucket List!  I have no idea at this point what my time was or where I fell into the finish, but I FINISHED and that was my only goal!  It was an amazing feeling of accomplishment.  I've run a handful of 5Ks since, but not many.  I'm registering for this race again this year and hope to encourage YOU to do it too!

Proceeds of the event will go directly to those in the Lake City community who are battling cancer and are experiencing financial hardship associated with their disease.

$25 entry fee until Friday Oct 3 at 12 noon.
$30 entry fee on the day of the race.
T shirts to first 200 pre-registered runners.
Awards to the first place male and female.
Top 3 in age groups. 13 and under, 14 - 19, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50 - 59, 60 and over

Register here: www.itsyourrace.com/

It's just over 6 weeks away so this plan I found on runnersworld.com is perfect.  3 Days a week for 6 weeks and you can totally do it!

WEEK ONE

Mon Rest
Tue Run 1 min, walk 1 min. Do 10 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Do 5 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Do 5 times

WEEK TWO

Mon Rest
Tue Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 4 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 4 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 5 mins, walk 3 mins. Do 3 times

WEEK THREE

Mon Rest
Tue Run 7 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times

WEEK FOUR

Mon Rest
Tue Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 10 mins, walk 2 mins. Do twice then run for 5 mins
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times

WEEK FIVE

Mon Rest
Tue Run 9 mins, walk 1 min. Do 3 times
Wed Rest
Thu Run 12 mins, walk 2 mins. Do twice then run for 5 mins
Fri Rest
Sat Rest
Sun Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times

WEEK SIX

Mon Rest
Tue Run 15 mins, walk 1 min. Do twice
Wed Rest
Thu Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Do 3 times
Fri Rest
Sat 5K Race!

No comments:

Post a Comment